Zitec reports revenues of over 30 million euros in 2023, consolidating its position in the IT market in Romania
Zitec, leader in IT and digital transformation solutions in Romania, registers a consolidated turnover of 30 million euros in 2023.
Compared to Gartner’s estimate of the evolution of IT services for 2023, of only 7.3%, and for software of 12.9%, Zitec recorded organic revenue growth of 15%, standing out as a trusted software services partner for customers in over 30 countries.
The Zitec group of companies managed to register this growth in a year marked by a slow pace of expansion for companies in the IT sector, against the background of strong turbulence in most of the world’s strong economies and a substantial decrease in the demand for IT services compared to during the pandemic. The general evolution of the IT industry in 2023 came with many challenges, among which the very high inflation rate, reaching about 10% in Romania, but also the unexpected decision of the government to remove tax exemptions for IT employees (affecting more than 80% of workers in IT with employment contract)
“Despite a year full of challenges, at Zitec we have chosen to do everything possible to help our colleagues overcome the financial impact of the increase in taxation in Romania. Thus, we were pleased to be among the first industry leaders to have chosen to bear the full costs associated with the government’s decision to remove benefits for IT employees (having in our case an impact of €700,000 estimated for 2024), as it is crucial for us that the Zitec team feel valued and supported, regardless of whether we are talking about professional development or personal aspects of life,” said Alexandru Lăpușan, CEO and Co-Founder of the Zitec group of companies.
Zitec’s growth is mainly based on the following divisions within the company:
- Zitec Managed Services, which also includes DevOps services, grew by 90% in 2023.
- Security and Data Privacy recorded a 70% increase in turnover in 2023,
- The Software Development Services divisions for the eCommerce and Logistics domains registered increases of 45% and 26%, respectively.
- Cloud Services reported 30% revenue growth in 2023 In 2023 Zitec further developed its portfolio, both locally and internationally.
Thus, among Zitec’s new customers are international companies such as Quipu GmbH (Procredit Bank AG), Tomra Systems ASA, Car ‘N Motion, but also prestigious local companies such as Zentiva, US Food Network (KFC), Aquila or Philips Romania.
“In 2024, we will continue expanding our international client portfolio and participate in several public tenders aimed at the digital transformation of public services. We have seen significant improvements in the transparency and fairness of the selection process in public tenders in Romania. This gives us the confidence to actively participate in these tenders, considering the objective of capitalizing on the vast experience of the Zitec team and thus facilitating Romanians’ access to quality public services. Therefore, the digital transformation of public services will represent one of our development directions in 2024.” said Alexandru Lăpușan, CEO and Co-Founder of the Zitec group of companies.
Zitec’s success is not only limited to the extensive portfolio of software services, but also extends to innovative businesses in the field of digital products, such as Mirro.io and Regista.ro
- Mirro, the HRIS SaaS solution created by Zitec to cultivate an organizational culture based on open communication, transparency, continuous improvement and recognition, has redefined performance management, registering 3 times more users in 2023. Large companies, including eMAG, Lactalis and Premier Restaurants Romania (the operator of the McDonald’s restaurant chain), adopted Mirro to improve the performance of their teams and manage the organizational culture.
- Regista, the solution for automating processes in public institutions and other organizations in Romania, reported an increase in turnover by over 50% in 2023. With over 1,200 customers and 65,000 users, Regista ranked 1st in 2023 in this sector, with a market share of over 30%. Other notable performances of the Zitec team Other significant Zitec achievements for 2023 include:
- A 15% team growth with a 90% loyalty rate
- The title of “Microsoft Partner of the Year”
- The title of “Business Services Company of the Year 2023” received at the “Romanian Business Services Gala” • The title of “Company of the Year” at the ANIS 2023 Gala
- The Zitec crew won the title of National Champion, Yachting (ORC B1 class).